Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rafael Nadal aims for 3rd US Open straight final

Rafael Nadal vs Richard Gasquet - US Open 2013 semi-finals

Nadal has reached the decisive game in Flushing Meadows on his last two appearances and is very close from doing it once again. The Spanish has played unbelievable tennis this year, with an undefeated record on Hard Court. Rafa comes from a huge performance against Tommy Robredo beating his fellow countryman 6 – 0 6 – 2 6 – 2. After the match Nadal was very happy with his first set: “I’m very happy with my first set, I think I did everything right, my movement, my forehand and my backhand specially”.

On the other side will be Richard Gasquet, the French will play his second career semi-final against his appearance on this stage at Wimbledon in 2007. Richou has been known for not having the best physical condition, however he is determined to prove that he is ready to rumble and comes from two amazing victories over Milos Raonic and David Ferrer, both in five sets.


Gasquet can’t beat Nadal since 2003 and for ATP tournaments has never been able to do it, this match should go the same way with a good straight sets win by El Toro. Nadal’s heavy forehand spin and deep returns will make a huge damage in Gasquet’s game and should allow Nadal to get his 11th straight win over his opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment